Scope & RAII works, Great!

redsea redsea at 163.com
Wed Jan 7 08:53:46 PST 2009

Jarrett Billingsley Wrote:

> On Wed, Jan 7, 2009 at 10:47 AM, redsea <redsea at 163.com> wrote:
> > When I implement some high performance program in linux 32bit, 32bit atomic if often not sufficient, for example, If I want to hold a index & a timestamp to a atomic variable, 32bit is not enough,  in 64bit environment, I can do that.
> >

> ..Congratulations?

You mean scope & RAII ?
Yes, it works, very well,  thanks Walter.

I test some dstress fail test case too, according to

http://www.incasoftware.de/~kamm/ldc/tests/dmd-1.038-dstress1601/fail.html

scope_06_M  is also fixed, but some case with goto  still failed.

scope_06_M in run/s/scope_06_M.d      ok now
scope_13_A in run/s/scope_13_A.d       still no ok, but Walter said it is not a bug.
scope_14_A in run/s/scope_14_A.d
scope_14_B in run/s/scope_14_B.d
scope_14_C in run/s/scope_14_C.d
scope_14_E in run/s/scope_14_E.d
scope_17_A in run/s/scope_17_A.d      failed
scope_17_C in run/s/scope_17_C.d       failed
scope_17_D in run/s/scope_17_D.d

other ones can not pass compile (so I wouldn't be afraid of them).

And 17_A, 17_C  is using goto combine scope/RAII, so, if we avoid the use of goto, we could be safe.