Suggestion: module opcall

bobef ads at asd.asd
Thu Jan 8 03:38:02 PST 2009

Hello all,

I want to suggest adding module opCall to D (to D1 as well please :). Please excuse me if has been suggested before. Something like this:

module mymodule.trace;

static char[] opCall() {
  return  "whatever";
}

module mymodule.main;

void main() {
  mymodule.trace();
}

The need for this is because often a module happens to be named as the functionality it contains and you have to write the stuff two times. For example to stdout something with Tango one needs to tango.io.Stdout.Stdout("whatever"); It would be much nicer to just write tango.io.Stdout("whatever"); Other cases don't come to mind at the moment, but I have thought about this many times in my work...

Regards,
bobef