Properties

Miles _______ at _______.____
Fri Jan 9 04:18:37 PST 2009

Nick Sabalausky wrote:
> Well, like I said, *If* we were to get overload-on-return-value. Not that
> I'm itching for it or anything. I've just seen the idea discussed before and
> if it hypothetically were to happen, then the above could work as a getter
> equivilent.

Ok. But I think such feature would create a mess. For example:

	int    func1() { ... }
	char[] func1() { ... }

	void   func2(int x) { ... }
	void   func2(char[] x) { ... }

	func2(func1());	// what is the expected behavior?

When you are inferring types, you need somewhere to anchor the compiler
decision, either on the sender or on the receiver side.