Slow DWT compiles

Bill Baxter wbaxter at gmail.com
Fri Jan 9 20:31:41 PST 2009

The DWT compile times do still seem to be sky-high even after the
reversion in DMD 1.039.

I just tried building the dwt-samples\treeeditor\Snippet111.d, for
instance and it's taking insanely long.

Switch back to DMD 1.037 and it compiles in well under a minute.

So my guess is that nobody else but that one other poster has tried
using DWT and DMD 1.039 together.

Anyway, Walter, if you want a test case, install yerself a copy of
tango and DWT and try dwt-samples\treeeditor\Snippet111.d  (or
probably any other dwt snippet.  That's just the first one I tried).

--bb