Slow DWT compiles

Bill Baxter wbaxter at gmail.com
Sat Jan 10 00:33:34 PST 2009

On Sat, Jan 10, 2009 at 5:19 PM, Tim M <a at b.com> wrote:

>> DMD linker is often hangs for indefined amount of time. I'm already used
>> to killing the link.exe process and re-running linking step. It happens to
>> me in about 5-10% of times. Non-deterministic, non-reproducable.
>>

> To help prove a possible bug, I've also noticed this. Seems quite random to
> me too.

Yes, I think Walter knows about that.   This is not that.

The difference is this hang is quite deterministic.

I think the line Nick posted is gonna help Walter crack this, though:

> line 102: composite.addListener (DWT.Resize, dgListener( &handleResize,
>  composite, text, inset ));

That dgListener is a fairly funky little bit of template magic.  And I
use it in my program that hangs, on compilation also.

--bb