Warning: volatile does NOT do what you think it does. WRT. DS or similar development.Warning: volatile does NOT do what you think it does. WRT. DS or similar development.

downs default_357-line at yahoo.de
Mon Jan 12 00:40:01 PST 2009

Bill Baxter wrote:
> On Mon, Jan 12, 2009 at 5:15 PM, downs <default_357-line at yahoo.de> wrote:
>> To have some good news for a change, here's the pay-off : http://img55.imageshack.us/img55/6811/victory2wv7.jpg .. D on the DS *is feasible*.
>
> That's awesome!  What compiler did you use?
>
> --bb

GDC from SVN against 4.1.1 as per http://blog.dev-scene.com/oopman/2007/03/22/compiling-gdc-for-devkitarm-r20/ , and updated to r24.

Phobos is a gutted version of the normal GDC phobos, with threads, files and the GC messily ripped out.

First, I followed the steps on the blag, minus the prefix.o thing.

Then I tried to run the script a few times and gave up. Instead I followed the steps in the script after another, fixing what I found.

I only went to the point where I built GDC the first time, then copied the GDC binary to the devkitARM/bin folder.

This seemed to work.

Then I created a symlink to object.d in libnds/include, because it was easier than editing include paths.
Did the aforementioned gutting of Phobos, and placed further symlinks/copies of needed files in that folder.
Built Phobos into an .a by semi-hand (single lines of shellscript, is there anything they can't do?)

Then it basically worked :)