lazy thoughts

Brian Palmer d at brian.codekitchen.net
Mon Jan 12 15:48:26 PST 2009

Andrei Alexandrescu Wrote:

> [snip snip]
> Yah, I'll look into it. One thing is that not that many functions will
> end up being lazy. For example, reduce is eager (I think it's
> uninteresting to have it default to laziness).

Actually if I can pick a nit real quick here, I disagree that a lazy reduce isn't interesting, there's a lot of very interesting algorithms based off of lazy folding, and lazy folding of infinite lists. After all, the fold is the "mother" of all those other iterators like map, filter, etc. In any case, it sounds like implementing a lazy reduce should be simple enough even if it's not in std.algorithm itself, so I'm not set on it.

-- Brian