lazy thoughts

John Reimer terminal.node at gmail.com
Mon Jan 12 20:47:37 PST 2009

Hello Jason,

> bearophile wrote:
>
>> My interest for this community and for D is decreasing quickly.
>>
> This may be a stupid question, but why is that?

I'll hazard a guess that it's because some ideas that have originated from
the community don't always get recognition by the D team.  Later, when the
D team independently engineers similar ideas, it is likely to be exasperating
to the community members that promoted them in the first place (and worked
hard to implement them too).

This is just the way D Language development works, and I'm hoping the effect
is unintentional.  Unfortunately, the "snub" effect will never disappear
as long as this community refuses to realize that D development is not driven
by the community; the community, as of now, mostly operates as a highly tuned
sounding board.  By now many people here probably understand the chosen mode
of development, but maybe some don't.  It's not optimal... it's just the
way it is.  Incidentally, this is one of the reasons there is still a divergence
between community and team developed libraries (ie Tango and Phobos).

Er... I suppose I've mentioned this before... :P

-JJR