new principle of division between structures and classes

Daniel Keep daniel.keep.lists at gmail.com
Mon Jan 12 22:30:07 PST 2009

Benji Smith wrote:
> [snip]
>
> ... But the Java community has
> long since jumped the shark, and I don't expect much innovation from
> that neighborhood anymore.
>
> --benji

import javax.actions.aquatic.jumper.*;
import javax.zoology.animals.*;

class SharkJumper
{
  public SharkJumper()
  {
  }

  public void jump() throws Exception
  {
    AnimalFactory animalFactory = new AnimalFactory(false);
    GenusRegistry genusRegistry = new GenusRegistry();
    Animal animal =
animalFactory.createAnimal(genusRegistry.findScientifficNameFromCommonName("shark"));
    ActionFactory actionFactory = new ActionFactory();
    Action action = actionFactory.createFromVerb("jump",
Culture.createFromShortName("en"));
    action.performActionOnObjectPassedAsFirstArgument(animal);

Sorry, couldn't resist a chance to bash Java :D  Apologies for any
mistakes; it's been a while since I was forced a gunpoint to write Java
code...

  -- Daniel