Anomaly on Wiki4D GuiLibraries page

Tim M a at b.com
Wed Jan 14 22:50:22 PST 2009

On Thu, 15 Jan 2009 13:25:39 +1300, Stewart Gordon <smjg_1998 at yahoo.com>
wrote:

> http://www.prowiki.org/wiki4d/wiki.cgi?GuiLibraries
>
> This page gives the standard D GUI library as being DWT, which is now a
> "Tango based port of  SWT v3.4 GUI Library + JFace and more".
>
> Note "Tango based".  How can it be the standard D GUI library when it
> isn't compatible with standard D, i.e. D with Phobos?
>
> Stewart.

Now that you brought the subject up I would just like to add my opinion on
something which I've been meaning to say for a long time. I really
disagree with the way that page describes the various options. It says
standard d gui library and other d gui libraries. swt has the word
standard in it's name but I dont see why dwt should be THE standard. It's
brainwashing people into think that dwt is the best thing around.