lazy thoughts

Bill Baxter wbaxter at gmail.com
Thu Jan 15 00:38:23 PST 2009

On Thu, Jan 15, 2009 at 4:58 PM, davidl <davidl at 126.com> wrote:
> 在 Wed, 14 Jan 2009 07:43:53 +0800,Bill Baxter <wbaxter at gmail.com> 写道:
>
>> On Wed, Jan 14, 2009 at 7:39 AM, Jason House
>> <jason.james.house at gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>>> Point #3 is on the mark. A URL to quality documentstion is worth 100
>>> posts declaring the superiority of dlibs.
>>
>> A URL to browseable source wouldn't hurt either.
>>
>> Given how much you promote your library here, it's surprising to me
>> that you (bearophile) don't at least have a
>> dsource/googlecode/sourceforge project for it where one could go to
>> find out more.  Usually when you mention it you don't give any link at
>> all.  You just say "my libs".  I haven't tried, but I suspect googling
>> for "my libs" isn't going to lead me to your code.
>> --bb
>

> That's an unfair accusation. I think he posted:
> http://www.fantascienza.net/leonardo/so/dlibs

Hmm.  Gives me 403 forbidden.  I think you're right that he has posted
a URL before.  But the point is still, if you're going to say "you
should take a look at this" you need to make it easy to find "this",
or nobody's going to go look at it.  *Every time* I mention Multiarray
(http://www.dsource.org/projects/multiarray) or some other project I'm
involved with, I provide a link.  If you actually want people to look
at something that's what you gotta do.  Just common sense, really.
Especially when the name for the thing is something generic that
Google probably won't work on.

--bb