DWT+OpenGL crashing on Vista

Sergey Kovrov kovrov+digitalmars at gmail.com
Sun Jan 18 06:35:18 PST 2009

On 1/18/2009 5:51 AM, Bill Baxter wrote:
> So far haven't been able to isolate it.
> I updated another program that displays meshes with similar code and
> it works fine.
> So sounds like some kind of memory problem in my code to me too.  Or
> possibly passing a bad pointer to GL somewhere.  I have glGetError's
> sprinkled all over my code and get no errors from that.  But GL
> doesn't know if you pass it a bad pointer.
>
> I remember one problem I had long ago when I called glGetIntegerv for
> something, thinking it returned 1 value when it actually returned two.
>   Seems likely it could be something similar here.
>
> --bb

You could check if you have "wild" Client State somewhere ("wild" like
in "wild pointers"). It is easy to forget to call glDisableClientState
for some of GL_..._ARRAY capability when it no longer needed. And in
such case error might manifest it self in an unusual way, just like in
case of generic dangling pointers.

-- serg.