Any chance to call Tango as Extended Standard Library

Andrei Alexandrescu SeeWebsiteForEmail at erdani.org
Sun Jan 18 07:21:55 PST 2009

Lars Ivar Igesund wrote:
> Andrei Alexandrescu wrote:
>
>> For example, I'm not sure how code in std.algorithm could help
>> containers or streams in Tango (as it should), or how to reconcile
>> std.algorithm with std.core.array.
>
> If the language (D2++) will have a new way of iteration and ranges
> known and enforced by the compiler, then I expect Tango to support
> those at some point, and std.algorithm would presumably just work.
> However, if it is based on some interface, ad hoc (these methods must
> be present) or properly via an interface Range { }, I would expect
> Tango developers to be involved in the process of defining those
> interfaces (if Tango is meant to use/know about them). Since I have
> seen neither, it is somewhat difficult to make a well informed
> comment on the subject.

It's been there for a while now (since 25 Nov 2008).

http://www.digitalmars.com/d/2.0/statement.html#ForeachStatement

Scroll down to "Foreach over Structs and Classes with Ranges". The
changelog reflects that too:

http://www.digitalmars.com/d/2.0/changelog.html

Version 2.021 mentions "Added range support to foreach statement."

Andrei