Any chance to call Tango as Extended Standard Library

John Reimer terminal.node at gmail.com
Sun Jan 18 08:35:19 PST 2009

Hello Andrei,

> John Reimer wrote:
>
>> The danger, of course, is that Tango will not be taken seriously
>> again for D 2.0.  If Tango manages to garner the lion-share of
>> popularity as they did with D 1.0 (LDC compiler suite is one example
>> of the significant sway Tango has had on D 1.0 ), then I think I'm
>> going to just throw up my hands.  Yes, I think something has to be
>> done: ignoring Tango is not going to be a healthy option for D.
>> Either that or Phobos2 will have to be so good that people will drop
>> Tango faster than they would a red-hot frying pan.
>>
> Beware of the false choice. Ideally, Phobos2 will be so good, and
> Tango2 will be so good, that people will enjoy using either or both
> together.
>
> Andrei

Heh,  I forgot to enumerate that one at the spur of the moment in /this/
post.  :P

Like I said in my early post, you guys will have to be /very/ creative at
promoting D to make that one work.  I know I want to promote D, but I'm not
sure I have the same optimism in this particular detail.

I guess we'll see.  In the meantime, I think the best approach is to keep
"talking" to us.  You and Walter's optimisim is important to keep things
moving in some perceivable direction.

At any rate, thank you both for your efforts... and restraint.

-JJR