Any chance to call Tango as Extended Standard Library

Michel Fortin michel.fortin at michelf.com
Sun Jan 18 10:15:31 PST 2009

On 2009-01-18 10:21:55 -0500, Andrei Alexandrescu

> It's been there for a while now (since 25 Nov 2008).
>
> http://www.digitalmars.com/d/2.0/statement.html#ForeachStatement

	.next 	move the left edge of the range right one
	.retreat 	move the right edge of the range left one

Each time I see this I get annoyed by the dissimilarity of the terms.
"advance" and "retreat" would be much better words. Even if "advance"
is three more characters, it carries much better the meaning of what is
happening; "next" isn't even a verb.

--
Michel Fortin
michel.fortin at michelf.com