D on gamedev.net

Nick Sabalausky a at a.a
Sun Jan 18 10:39:18 PST 2009

"Jarrett Billingsley" <jarrett.billingsley at gmail.com> wrote in message
news:mailman.441.1232294002.22690.digitalmars-d at puremagic.com...
> On Sun, Jan 18, 2009 at 3:46 AM, Bill Baxter <wbaxter at gmail.com> wrote:
>> Read the whole thread.  The guy is just being a doofus.  He says "it's
>> not static type checking" and then later says that the definition
>> above on Wikipedia is just "one of two definitions of static type
>> checking", and he's using the other one.  Well ok dude, in that case
>> you were just deliberately ignoring the other (more mainstream)
>> definition in order to be a pain in the butt.
>>
>> Feel free to reply if you don't think he made it obvious in his later
>> replies that he's just trying to be annoying and pedantic.
>
> Lol, he even says at one point that D is "less type safe than Python."
> Uh, what?  That doesn't hold true in any case.

I just read though and think I know what he means, and made a reply to that
effect (but also pointing out why he's still wrong).

The fact that all of that garbage is coming from an apperent *staff* member
doesn't appear to speak very highly for gamedev.net. (But then again,
neither does TANSTAAF. I met him in person one time; couldn't believe how
much of an ass he was. Not a "thinks-he-knows-it-all" ass like this guy, but
just the regular kind of ass. But then, maybe he was just having a bad day
*shrug*.)