Any chance to call Tango as Extended Standard Library

Andrei Alexandrescu SeeWebsiteForEmail at erdani.org
Sun Jan 18 13:15:54 PST 2009

IUnknown wrote:
> This is why I request you to consult other independent people and see
> what their take on it is. From a library developer's perspective you
> would invariably pit the decision against the difficulty in doing it.
> Hence my suggestion to find out what users would really need and then
> try to implement it.

This I completely disagree with. 360 degrees :o). Good stuff comes from
good vision, not from doing what people think they want (see PHP,
American cars, and taking dating advice from female friends). I won't
continue this because it will go the way philosophical debates usually
go => a long exchange of long messages leading to nowhere in particular.

Andrei