DWT+OpenGL crashing on Vista

Bill Baxter wbaxter at gmail.com
Sun Jan 18 17:20:51 PST 2009

On Mon, Jan 19, 2009 at 8:53 AM, Sergey Gromov <snake.scaly at gmail.com> wrote:
> Mon, 19 Jan 2009 07:17:16 +0900, Bill Baxter wrote:
>
>> Here's a modified version of one of the DWT opengl snippets that
>> reproduces the crash for me.
>> About 1 in 10-15 runs this will crash (seems to be inside the GL
>> driver) soon after startup with the error:
>>
>> """
>> dwt.DWTException.DWTException: Failed to execute runnable
>>
>> object.Exception: Access Violation
>> """
>>
>> Can anyone else reproduce this (particularly Vista users)?
>> I'd be happy to send the exe to anyone who would like to try it off
>> list.  But it's a 3MB exe  (compresses to about .7 MB).
>
> Yes I can.  From the first try.
>
> I've got an XP Home laptop, core 2 duo at 1.83GHz, 1GB RAM, GeForce Go
> 7600.  DWT is trunk r119.  Derelict is trunk r308.
>
> The executable is 2MB, built in about 6.5s.
>
> It's almost 100% reproducible.  I mean it worked only once out of ~30
> tries.

Ok, so it did work once?  You saw some blue dots rotating around one time?

Anyway, very encouraging to me.  Sounds like my code is not to blame
after all... but which code is to blame.

Also interesting that the common factor seems to be the core 2 duo.
Do you have new-ish GeForce drivers?  I haven't updated the drivers on
this machine where it works for a good long while.  And it sounds like
your card is similar era.

--bb

--bb