Any chance to call Tango as Extended Standard Library

Yigal Chripun yigal100 at gmail.com
Sun Jan 18 22:57:49 PST 2009

Christopher Wright wrote:
> Walter Bright wrote:
>> Yigal Chripun wrote:

>>> What was the reason for the use of body parts in the first place?
>>> What's wrong with:
>>> a) begin, end
>>> b) start, finish
>>> c) initial, final
>>> d) first, last
>>> etc...
>>

>> There doesn't really need to be anything wrong with them. What's wrong
>> with head/toe?
>
> It sounds stupid.

it sounds stupid and is uninformative. for example,
auto cars = new BinaryTree!(Car)();
auto a = cars.toe;
auto b = cars.last;

now, reading the above, what's the toe of cars? that's just silly.

Does this make sense to English speakers? most likly. but for say,
chinese? I don't know.

instead of inveting terms than imply something based on some phrase that
not all non-native English speakers will recognize, it is far better to
just use the proper English term for the last item - "last". KISS solution.