Any chance to call Tango as Extended Standard Library

Alexander Pánek alexander.panek at brainsware.org
Sun Jan 18 23:37:37 PST 2009

Stewart Gordon wrote:
> Alexander Pánek wrote:
>> Stewart Gordon wrote:
> <snip>
>>> D already has ONE standard library.  It's called Phobos.
>>
>> *yawn*
>>
>> Don’t you get tired of this?
>
> I do get tired of the misunderstanding of what Tango is that seems to
> have arisen from the misterminology.

It didn’t arise from misterminology, but people who do call it their
(de-facto, but nonetheless) standard D library. You might not accept,
respect or acknowledge this in any way, but then again you seem to be
all into semantics.

“A standard library for a programming language is the library that is
conventionally made available in every implementation of that language.
In some cases, the library is described directly in the programming
language specification; in other cases, the contents of the standard
library are determined by more informal social practices in the
programming community.”

I think Tango meets every but the first (conventional) “rule”. So there
might have been a misunderstanding I do get tired of on your side.

Kind regards,
Alex