Any chance to call Tango as Extended Standard Library

Bill Baxter wbaxter at gmail.com
Mon Jan 19 22:20:31 PST 2009

On Tue, Jan 20, 2009 at 3:00 PM, Don <nospam at nospam.com> wrote:
> Steven Schveighoffer wrote:
>>
>> Let's not forget the licensing issues.  Tango is incompatible with some
>> developers license wise, as you must include attribution for Tango in any
>> derivative works (i.e. compiled binaries).
>
> Are you sure? Where is that written down? I can't find that anywhere in the
> Tango license.

Probably this:

6. Attribution Rights. You must retain, in the Source Code of any
Derivative Works that You create, all copyright, patent, or trademark
notices from the Source Code of the Original Work, as well as any
notices of licensing and any descriptive text identified therein as an
"Attribution Notice." You must cause the Source Code for any
Derivative Works that You create to carry a prominent Attribution
Notice reasonably calculated to inform recipients that You have
modified the Original Work.

I think it's just saying you can't remove stuff from the source code
that says who wrote it.  But it's got a thick legal accent that's a
little difficult to understand.

--bb