Getting D language patch into GDB

Christopher Wright dhasenan at gmail.com
Sat Jan 24 13:45:39 PST 2009

Jason House wrote:
> I was chatting on #gdb earlier today and it sounds like getting a patch for the d programming language into gdb shouldn't be too bad.  There's a patches mailing list and some kind of paperwork to resolve copyright issues.
>
> Is there any legal/copyright issues that prevent the gdb patch from making it into gdb?  Maybe demangling uses digital mars code?  I'd really love to see complete support for D in gdb.  It's really frustrating to not have it  :(

The FSF usually wants to own the copyright on the relevant code. That
way, it's free to relicense stuff -- though public domain is good enough
for that. Also, that way, the FSF has standing in case it has to go to
court over the code -- but for public domain code, that isn't an issue,
because absolutely everyone is allowed to use that code in any way they
want.