D to C compiler?

Nicolay Korslund korslund at gmail.com
Sun Jan 25 06:56:30 PST 2009

I remember reading something about a D to C compiler on this group a few years ago. (I'm not really a regular here anymore, so there might have been more recent mentions that I've missed.) Does anyone know if there's any such project still around that's alive or could be revived? Or if there's any other viable solutions for converting D to C (or C++)?

The reason I would want to do this is to port D code to currently non-supported platforms. This is especially important for game projects (like my own monsterscript project) - most game console SDKs take C/C++ and nothing else. The C/C++ output wouldn't have to be nice or even human readable - just compilable. It would only be used as a middle step in the compilation process for these platforms.

Any ideas or suggestions?

Nico