Could we get a LP64 version identifier?

Jacob Carlborg doobnet at gmail.com
Mon Jan 26 04:11:55 PST 2009

Walter Bright wrote:
> Jacob Carlborg wrote:
>> Could we get a LP64 version identifier? I know that you can use this
>> code:
>>
>> "static if ((void*).sizeof > int.sizeof)"
>>
>> to do the same but that's not particular clear that the programmer
>> wants to check for LP64. If so, I hope we could get it in D1 also.
>
> Yeah, I agree, and it's already in both for the next update. It'll be
> D_LP64.

Are you saying that D_LP64 isn't implemented in the current version?
Because I noticed that it was already listed in the documentation:
http://www.digitalmars.com/d/1.0/version.html
When I tried to set the D_LP64 version with GDC it said: "Error: version
identifier 'D_LP64' is reserved and cannot be set" and GDC is quite old
now. But perhaps it's only reserved and not implemented yet.