ch-ch-changes

dsimcha dsimcha at yahoo.com
Thu Jan 29 08:48:01 PST 2009

== Quote from Sean Kelly (sean at invisibleduck.org)'s article
> Don wrote:
> >
> > It's a good point though. Actually, I think abs(), and possibly max()
> > and min(), should be in std.object. They're just as fundamental as
> > division.
> That's actually a good idea.  They don't really fit anywhere else, and
> as you say, they're incredibly common to use.  Not sure if people would
> object to these symbols being an implicit part of the namespace of every
> module though.
> Sean

Agreed.  These are things that are so often used and so basic that even the
overhead of having to remember to import something to use them is sometimes too
much.  As far as namespace pollution, what reasonable person would ever name
something max(), min() or abs() if it doesn't do what the standard max(), min()
and abs() functions in Phobos do?