Feasibility of std.range and std.algorithm in D 1.0

Bill Baxter wbaxter at gmail.com
Fri Jan 30 12:10:28 PST 2009

On Sat, Jan 31, 2009 at 4:20 AM, Brian Palmer <d at brian.codekitchen.net> wrote:
> Bill Baxter Wrote:
>>
>> It would be great if you would contribute this to the std2 project,
>> which is an effort to backport phobos2 to D1.
>> http://www.dsource.org/projects/std2
>>
>> --bb
>
> Certainly, I've released it all into the public domain and once it's further along and cleaned up a bit, I'd be happy to submit it. I was aware of the std2 project but I was under the impression it had been abandoned, from reading the message on its wiki. Is that not the case?

It's not really abandoned, just new development kinda stopped when I
hit the partial IFTI brick wall.

I still use it.  Especially std2.conv and std2.getopt.

Now that partial IFTI is in D1, the development can start up again.
The only problem I have now is the slowness of the recent compiler
release.  Compiles are sometimes very very slow with it.

If you want check-in access to the repo, let me know.

--bb