Compiler as dll

Bill Baxter wbaxter at gmail.com
Sat Jan 31 04:44:27 PST 2009

On Sat, Jan 31, 2009 at 2:52 PM, Daniel Keep
<daniel.keep.lists at gmail.com> wrote:

> Bill Baxter wrote:
>> [snip]

Thanks for taking the time to explain your design.  Some interesting
differences there, like your exposing the variant directly instead of
forwarding to it.  I was trying to think how I could make my Property
interface into an actual D interface when templates are part of the
interface, and those can't be virtual.   But the answer is just what
you're doing: put the templates inside a struct -- expose the Variant
in the interface and let *it* provide the templates.

> This is really interesting, since you've almost described the solution I
> moved to after Variants (with rather ironically still uses Variants, but
> that's just an implementation detail now :P).

Sounds like it's really the same problem, so maybe not so surprising
the solution looks similar.  You've got a console from which users can
view and set state.  I've got a properties panel.  Basically the same
thing.

--bb