Give me a break

yigal chripun yigal100 at gmail.com
Wed Jul 1 04:41:17 PDT 2009

Walter Bright Wrote:

> Yigal Chripun wrote:
> > IMHO, the Tango vs. Phobos licensing issue is the biggest bikeshed color
> > problem in the D realm and the only people that can solve it are the
> > tango devs and walter and co. of which Neither are willing to budge.
>
> A lot of fundamental breaking changes were made to Phobos2 to be
> compatible with Tango. It's now up to Tango to take advantage of that.

the above reasoning is why the problem exists. "We did our part, go blame the other party".
can you please for once try to see the core issue here and not just the resulting problems?
there is no defined system for the development of D. even MS has a well defined plan for their .net platform. where's the plan for D? where the process to define that plan?
Either you need to have a plan or you need to have a community driven process (Java JSRs, Python PEPs).