Give me a break

Jason House jason.james.house at gmail.com
Wed Jul 1 05:40:31 PDT 2009

Kagamin Wrote:

> yigal chripun Wrote:
>
> > there is no defined system for the development of D. even MS has a well defined plan for their .net platform. where's the plan for D? where the process to define that plan?
> > Either you need to have a plan or you need to have a community driven process (Java JSRs, Python PEPs).
>
> How the development plan relates to tango? There's a plan to port tango to D2, though it proved to be troublesome. And I think, tango is supposed to be community driven.

My understanding is that the D2 port was an effort by one inspired community member. It lived in its own branch and quickly got out of date. Both D2 and this mailing list are completely ignored by the Tango developers. Once D2 stops changing, they may reconsider. As far as I know, however, there is no way to maintain a dual D1/D2 code base, and that makes me worry that the Tango devs will have to choose between D1 and D2.