At a crossroad

Nick Sabalausky a at a.a
Wed Jul 1 12:36:32 PDT 2009

"Sjoerd van Leent" <svanleent at gmail.com> wrote in message
news:h2fs94$1q37$1 at digitalmars.com...

> However, Tango and Phobos (D1) are simply incompatible. It's rather
> impossible to link both of them together.
>
> If library A is based on Tango and library B on Phobos, currently, it will
> not be possible to let them work together.

Yea, but isn't this less of a problem in practice (even in the interim
before a stable D2) than it's often made out to be? Of coruse, I can see
how, on paper, it could be a horrible situation. But IMO the current reality
is that, and no offence to Walter, but Phobos1 just kind of sucks. And
because of that, the vast majority of D1 libs I've seen (at least the
still-active ones) are either Tango or dual-version (using conditional
compilation).