Give me a break

Jason House jason.james.house at gmail.com
Thu Jul 2 21:19:14 PDT 2009

Walter Bright Wrote:

> Jason House wrote:
> > there's already someone working on getting that patch into gdb.
>
> Great!
>
> > I've
> > been trying lately to play with the dmd -gc output so that gdb
> > recognizes it properly.
>
> dumpobj will pretty-print the compiler debug output. It's a handy tool.

Any tips/links on usage and output interpretation would be appreciated. I've never read the dwarf spec and have no idea what should be in debug info.

> > I'm not very far, and my queries in #gdb have
> > gone unanswered :(
>
> That's normal. But the source to GDB is available, and that's usually a
> lot better source of information. I prefer it to asking questions and
> getting incorrect answers back :-(

the last time someone helped me on #gdb, they were extremely helpful and knowledgable. I'm hoping for a similar experience. It'd likely speed up my efforts 5 fold. I won't hold my breath though.