Reminds me of?

Don nospam at nospam.com
Fri Jul 3 08:36:02 PDT 2009

Steve Teale wrote:
> To the D Faithful:
>
> In recent postings, I have increasingly seen  references to the 'Select Few'.
 >
 > This kind of reminds me of Iran, where you have 'The Guardian
Council', and 'The Supreme Leader'.

The similarities are pretty weak, I'd say.
Who ARE the 'Select Few'? There's two possibilities people could be
talking about:
(a) the people who meet weekly with Walter in a coffee shop and discuss D;
or (b) those with write access to Phobos and druntime.

To be part of (a), you need to live in Seattle.
To be part of (b), you need to provide a few good-quality patches in
Bugzilla.

I don't think there's anything more to it than that. I think people are
imagining some secret society that doesn't actually exist.