[OT] Shell scripting compatibility

Adam D. Ruppe destructionator at gmail.com
Sat Jul 4 14:08:36 PDT 2009

On Sat, Jul 04, 2009 at 04:50:22PM -0400, Nick Sabalausky wrote:
> Can /bin/bash safely be expected to exist on all non-Windows systems that
> can compile D? Or is there something better for that? Any common
> cross-platform-scripting gotcha's to be aware of?

I know on FreeBSD it is often in /usr/local/bin/bash (if it is installed at
all), so you can't really rely on it being at /bin/bash.

I don't really have a solution to cover the differences though. I guess
you could write simple, minimal scripts and just use /bin/sh for best
cross platform luck.

--
Adam D. Ruppe
http://arsdnet.net