Case Range Statement ..

Tim Matthews tim.matthews7 at gmail.com
Mon Jul 6 22:56:31 PDT 2009

Walter Bright wrote:
> I'm tired of typing this multiple times, so please indulge me while I
> cut & paste from one of them:

I don't mean to frustrate. I thought it may be in at least on of those
replies but I think it deserves it's own subject.

> Having a very different meaning means it should have a distinctly
> different syntax.

I agree there in many ways but D doesn't really follow the rule for example:

static import bar;   //must use fully qualified name
static int i;        //persistent across calls
static void foo() {} //member of class rather than instance

have you considered a syntax that is radically different from case
FirstExp : .. case LastExp : like many of the posts in announce have
suggested