Case Range Statement ..

Tim Matthews tim.matthews7 at gmail.com
Tue Jul 7 00:42:17 PDT 2009

Walter Bright wrote:
> Tim Matthews wrote:
>> But it only explains the inclusive/exclusiveness and not any of the
>> other points.
>
> Let's start with agreeing on why:
>
>     case X..Y:
>
> is not appropriate.

Do we have to be so immature about this, it's an actual topic rather
than the random trolls that have been posted by many here.

I was originally asking about the ambiguity of not having the extra
colon but anyway:

Yes I agree double dot for case range is inconsistent with the double
dot for range due to one being inclusive of the endpoint. berophile
suggested using tripple dot in announce and he got "why?" as a reply.
The "why" has already been posted but the "why not" hasn't yet people
reply to me with "here we go again!".

Alternatively don't use dots.

I think the issue with the extra "case" and/ ";" needs to be treated
differently. There or not the syntax may seem inconsistent to new D users.