Case Range Statement ..

Michel Fortin michel.fortin at michelf.com
Tue Jul 7 19:49:29 PDT 2009

On 2009-07-07 20:42:00 -0400, Andrei Alexandrescu

>> Process all the characters from 'a' to 'z' inclusive.
>>
>> Currently, ('a' .. 'z'+1)
>>
>> Logically, ('a' .. 'z')
>
> Do we need a language feature for that?

The two reasons in favor of a language feature are:

1. It might be more readable.
2. It allows ranges to include the *.max value.

The first is obviously just a cosmetic issue, which I don't think is
worth it on its own. The second makes it easier to work with an edge
case, which I don't think is worth it on its own either. Solving both
together is a little more worth it, but enought to warant a language
feature, I have some doubths.

--
Michel Fortin
michel.fortin at michelf.com