Case Range Statement ..

Walter Bright newshound1 at digitalmars.com
Tue Jul 7 20:29:40 PDT 2009

Michel Fortin wrote:
> Solving both
> together is a little more worth it, but enought to warant a language
> feature, I have some doubths.

I'm fairly convinced it is not worth a language feature. It looks good
in the abstract, but is useless in practice. I write loops every day,
and I can't recall ever having a need for it.

Sometimes I run across someone else's code that does:

    for (i = 0; i <= 10; i++)
    {
	... array[i] ...
    }

and I'll always rewrite it as i<11, because the former confuses my brain
into creating bugs.

D has a lot of features. We should be parsimonious with new ones in that
they should offer a convincing big payoff, not merely a miniscule
hypothetical one.