new DIP1: DIP Template

Leandro Lucarella llucax at gmail.com
Wed Jul 8 07:25:13 PDT 2009

Jesse Phillips, el  8 de julio a las 02:04 me escribiste:
> FYI, you could have a DIP as a subpage to DiPs, which in turn could be a
> subpage to LanguageDevelopment. Personally I'd suggest a Proposal subpage
> cantaining the DIPS, which in turn hold any pages they need.
>
> http://www.prowiki.org/wiki4d/wiki.cgi?LanguageDevel/Proposal
> http://www.prowiki.org/wiki4d/wiki.cgi?LanguageDevel/Proposal/DIP1
> http://www.prowiki.org/wiki4d/wiki.cgi?LanguageDevel/Proposal/DIP1/
> DiscussionArchive

That's a good suggestion! I like it. If nobody complains about it I will
use the new structure.

BTW, I used "DiP1" as wiki page because DIP1 wasn't recognized as a wiki
page. Do you know if it's possible to use DIP1?

I'd like to use this structure:
LanguageDevel/DIPs/ (index)
LanguageDevel/DIPs/DIP1 (current version)
LanguageDevel/DIPs/DIP1/Archive (previous versions)
LanguageDevel/DIPs/DIP1/Archive/Revision1 (previous versions)
LanguageDevel/DIPs/DIP1/Archive/Revision2 (previous versions)
LanguageDevel/DIPs/DIP1/DiscussionLinks (links to discussions)

Maybe it's a little bloated for now...

> I didn't create the pages, just examples if you want to move it. The
> internal structure isn't as important as the visual structure (how you
> get there), but I think they somewhat go hand and hand.

BTW, can pages be moved or should I copy the contents to a new page and
then remove the old one?

> ----
>
> As for the DIP template, I like the idea. It lays out a very clear
> objective as to what should go into a proposal. In fact, when I get
> around to it I'll probably use it to create DIPs that have already been
> turned down.

That would be nice. DIPs that are turned down should be kept as rejected
so people don't come over and over again suggesting the same thing. Having
the discussion about why it was turned down would be extremelly useful.