new DIP1: DIP Template

Leandro Lucarella llucax at gmail.com
Wed Jul 8 13:19:31 PDT 2009

Michiel Helvensteijn, el  8 de julio a las 21:27 me escribiste:
> Leandro Lucarella wrote:
>
> > Hello, I just created a DIP (D Improvement Proposal) index[1] and the
> > first DIP (DIP1), a DIP template[2].
>
> Has the D team and/or users considered using an actual issue tracker for
> this sort of thing? Something like Trac? Or the one offered by the Google
> Code Hosting service? I quite like that one.
>
> It's not that I don't like your template, but issue trackers are designed to
> track bugs / feature requests / improvement proposals. They take some of
> the work out of your hands that a wiki can not.

D already have a bugzilla instance. I picked the Wiki because it's
a little better for a proposal that's composed of various sections, code
examples, etc. I think a bug tracker is a little restricted for this.

But you are right that it's much harder to keep track of the proposal if
they are on the wiki. Maybe they should have an associated bug, so people
can subscribe to them, etc. But again, this is just the begining of the
begining. I'll see how this works first and then improve it as needed.

Maybe we set up an excelent DIP process and tools and then Walter don't
even look at them =/

BTW, Walter what do you think about this. Are you willing to look at it or
should I drop it now and stop wasting my time? =)