new DIP1: DIP Template

Jesse Phillips jessekphillips+d at gmail.com
Wed Jul 8 14:43:00 PDT 2009

Leandro Lucarella Wrote:

> > you want to use spaces you can either use {{Page and Spaces}} which is
> > the entire page name, for renaming something you must use
> > 2 _ [Page__and__Spaces link].
>
> I don't understand this.

http://www.prowiki.org/wiki4d/wiki.cgi?D__Tutorial

Can be linked with either {{D Tutorial}} or [D__Tutorial tutorials]

> > Please no. There is no reason to archive in that manner, the page edits
> > already have versions. If you want to archive "final" changes, then use
> > a single /Archive page which references as specific archived change.
>
> The Wiki versions are not good enough, because you might change some typo
> in the DIP but don't make a version bump. Versions of DIPs are much more
> important than wiki pages revisions (which are just for revision control).
> I think it would be a bad idea to have both tied.

If you are thinking that you would want to fix a typo in a previous DIP version, I think this is a bad idea. A revision "snapshot" should not be a living document. But I suppose it really isn't as horrible as my first impression.