new DIP1: DIP Template

Leandro Lucarella llucax at gmail.com
Wed Jul 8 15:25:28 PDT 2009

Jesse Phillips, el  8 de julio a las 17:43 me escribiste:
> Leandro Lucarella Wrote:
>
> > > you want to use spaces you can either use {{Page and Spaces}} which is
> > > the entire page name, for renaming something you must use
> > > 2 _ [Page__and__Spaces link].
> >
> > I don't understand this.
>
> http://www.prowiki.org/wiki4d/wiki.cgi?D__Tutorial
>
> Can be linked with either {{D Tutorial}} or [D__Tutorial tutorials]

Ahhhh, now I get it =)

> > > Please no. There is no reason to archive in that manner, the page edits
> > > already have versions. If you want to archive "final" changes, then use
> > > a single /Archive page which references as specific archived change.
> >
> > The Wiki versions are not good enough, because you might change some typo
> > in the DIP but don't make a version bump. Versions of DIPs are much more
> > important than wiki pages revisions (which are just for revision control).
> > I think it would be a bad idea to have both tied.
>
> If you are thinking that you would want to fix a typo in a previous DIP
> version, I think this is a bad idea. A revision "snapshot" should not be
> a living document. But I suppose it really isn't as horrible as my first
> impression.

=)

This is of course a matter of taste. I think making a version bump just
for a typo is not very nice, but other people might think otherwise.

Anyway, the fact that DIPs are in the wiki is incidental, and tomorrow
maybe they will be in bugzilla or who knows where, and I think the version
number should belong to the DIP and not to the interface used to store
/ write them.