Enhancement request

Sjoerd van Leent svanleent at gmail.com
Thu Jul 9 02:59:59 PDT 2009

Daniel Keep Wrote:

> D2 has a getMembers method in TypeInfo and ClassInfo that would probably
> do the job.  Only problem is that the compiler doesn't actually generate
> the function for it.
>
> I asked about it a while ago, but never got a response.

I've noticed this message a while ago. I think it should be part of it. It would be practical not only for the purpose I ddescribed, but also for Network communication (RPC) and even for interoperation with embedded languages such as script languages.

I would also ask for the enhancement to provide the necessary argument information in the case of methods.

It would be the first step to some serious introspection and perhaps (later on), the ability to compile and load/modify code at runtime.