Case Range Statement ..

Walter Bright newshound1 at digitalmars.com
Thu Jul 9 22:50:55 PDT 2009

Jarrett Billingsley wrote:
> On Fri, Jul 10, 2009 at 12:09 AM, Walter
> Bright<newshound1 at digitalmars.com> wrote:
>> Bill Baxter wrote:
>>> If it's internal to the parse tree can't you make the syntax whatever you
>>> want?
>>> Something like (expr1 __exprSequencer expr2) should do just fine, right?
>>> No reason it has to be a precious one-character symbol syntax.
>> What if you're writing a program that generates D code?
>
> ..then you'd have it generate multiple statements?

Your recursive function may not have any access to the parents of the
expression node it is working on.

> Really, I'm not seeing the justification here!

You should come to my compiler seminar, then! http:www.astoriaseminar.com

Without any way to sequence expressions in place, a lot of manipulation
becomes much more complicated. Comma expressions have been around a long
time, they work well, and are often used.