new DIP1: DIP Template

Jesse Phillips jessekphillips at gmail.com
Sat Jul 11 07:28:38 PDT 2009

On Sat, 11 Jul 2009 16:19:17 +1000, Daniel Keep wrote:

> Let's say someone decides that not being able to have templated virtual
> methods sucks, and writes a new DIP for it.  Never mind that this is
> more or less physically impossible, they could copy+paste the template,
> fill it in with the minimal amount of effort, and create a new DIP.

Yeah, but what if 5 other people want to know why virtual templeted
methods aren't available? I mean for someone that has just come to the
language and thinks they have the solution to all problems, they could
easily come to the conclusion that it is because templeted methods aren't
virtual.

That said, I don't think anyone would have a problem with a reasonable
alternative that provides some administration. To tell you the truth, I
think the benefit for having the moderation is that it would give people
a roll, considering that I don't think many would work to moderate the
DIPs on the wiki. Also a system built to do this does look better to
those new.