Oh Dear

Steve Teale steve.teale at britseyeview.com
Sat Jul 11 10:01:53 PDT 2009

D Friends/Enemies,

Looking at the current crop of postings, it seems like people are staying off the subject of where D is going (we've had a lot of that lately, without any result), and concentrating on less and less important particulars.

So we are we doomed, like the Oomigooly bird, to fly around in ever decreasing circles, until we eventually disappear up our own asshole?

As per the current fashion, I apologize profusely for any offense I may cause to anyone as a result of this message. But we do need to arrive at conclusions. D2 should be stabilized and D1 deprecated, there should be one standard library, there should be a new linker and object file format, and there should be a change made to the acceptable content of the primary newsgroup (the learn suggestion is the best we have so far).

Steve