Oh Dear

Walter Bright newshound1 at digitalmars.com
Sat Jul 11 12:14:47 PDT 2009

Michiel Helvensteijn wrote:
> I believe that what D really needs is a complete formal specification of the
> language grammar and semantics. Last I heard, there wasn't any.

There is a specification. It isn't complete and there are bugs in it,
but it constantly gets worked on to improve it. Anyone can submit
improvements on it to bugzilla.

The lack of a 100% specification has never hindered any language I can
think of from attaining wide use. What mattered there was that the
language solved the problems that needed solving.