Case Range Statement ..

Walter Bright newshound1 at digitalmars.com
Sat Jul 11 13:59:52 PDT 2009

Jarrett Billingsley wrote:
> On Sat, Jul 11, 2009 at 4:37 PM, Unknown W.
> Brackets<unknown at simplemachines.org> wrote:
>> I have not read this entire topic, but what about the following:
>>
>> case 5, .., 9:
>
> I don't have a problem with the current syntax, but the mathematical
> side of my brain squealed with fanboyish glee when it saw this.  This
> would be FANTASTIC.

At some point, we need to just move on with this. As to ,.., I suggest
is it not visually very distinct in many fonts (the comma and the .) and
may lead to frustrating syntax errors.

While there are many "programmers' fonts" that do a good job making the
characters all distinguishable, the language shouldn't rely too heavily
on that. There's already enough trouble with 0 and O.