Oh Dear

Michiel Helvensteijn m.helvensteijn.remove at gmail.com
Sun Jul 12 01:25:05 PDT 2009

Walter Bright wrote:

> I agree with you that it should be better. I just don't agree with it
> being a showstopper.

You know that the D Wikipedia article states: "The official compiler by
Walter Bright defines the language itself."?

In other words, every bug in DMD is really a feature of the language. Until
you fix it. That kind of permanent instability may be part of the reason
people have been so negative around here lately.

> I invite you to contribute spec corrections to the examples you pointed
> out.

I will file those corrections. However, the MulExpression thing was only an
example. The first one I checked, too. The mentality behind "compiler
first, specification later" just seems wrong to me. And that's not
something I can report to bugzilla (or can I).

By the way, what kind of integer division *does* D use?

--
Michiel Helvensteijn