Adam Ruppe donates Windows cycles to dmd/phobos

Adam D. Ruppe destructionator at gmail.com
Sun Jul 12 18:49:00 PDT 2009

On Sun, Jul 12, 2009 at 08:14:23PM -0500, Andrei Alexandrescu wrote:
> I wouldn't know even which are the most important distros
> to cater for.

My guess would be CentOS or Fedora in addition to your Ubuntu, and then
maybe Slackware.

Ubuntu should basically cover the Debian branch of Linux, and adding
CentOS or Fedora would cover the Red Hat branch.

Then Slackware covers the actual good linux :P

Trying to go much more than this would be futile. There are just too
many distros out there, and too many versions of each distro to try
and cover them all.

But these three would hopefully cover a good chunk of them due to
evolutionary heritage. It would be the best bang for the buck.

If you want to branch out the test suite into other Unixes, hitting
FreeBSD and Open Solaris would be the next two on the top of the list that
I'd suggest. I've seen mention of them in the D changelog too, so I think
Walter is leaning that way as well, for D1 anyway.

I can probably provide ssh access for you to each of these systems (though
my slackware box is my home computer, which is a bit of a Frankenstein's
monster, so maybe not an ideal testbed...)

The only thing I definitely can't help with is OS X.

I'll look into it and let you know at some point later in the week.

--
Adam D. Ruppe
http://arsdnet.net