Compiler Page - Request for review

Jesse Phillips jessekphillips at gmail.com
Tue Jul 14 07:13:10 PDT 2009

On Tue, 14 Jul 2009 15:03:15 +0100, Robert Clipsham wrote:

> Jesse Phillips wrote:
>> I've created a small overview page of the available compilers on
>> Wiki4D. The idea is not to contain much concrete information, but point
>> users in the correct direction. However, for the information that is
>> there I want to make sure that it is correct and clear what is being
>> stated.
>>
>> Thank you
>>
>> http://www.prowiki.org/wiki4d/wiki.cgi?D__Tutorial/StartingWithD/
Compiler

> Thanks for updating the page! It seems a lot better now, but I noticed
> you've put gdc down as supporting D2/Phobos. It was my impression that
> it didn't function at all, I could be wrong though. What is the actual
> status of it?

I don't really know. My understanding is that GDC doesn't work with
either version of D without work from the user. If GDC can be made to
work with D2.x with some effort then it should be listed or neither
should be.

If anyone knows the state of GDC hopefully they can make the appropriate
change.